11 February 2010

Quick Update

I've moved up to the 10NL game on Ultimate Bet. Ohhhh yeah. Not too bad for only starting with a couple bucks. I'm looking to trade the Ultimate Bet money for Pokerstars. I have a whole .16 cents on there right. Well, .06 now. I played a PL Omaha tourney and went out 70th when the villain flopped a 1 outer. Gotta love that.

I've been diving into Omaha a little more lately. At low limits it's just funny. Everybody thinks you have to play every hand. They live in the delusional world that "any hand can win". Yeah you might get a lucky flop or hit a wrap draw, but calling raises with danglers and rainbow hands is just -EV all the way around. So I pretty much play tight and wait for the spots to just hammer the money out of them.

Valentine's day is coming. I still don't know what to get the wife. What do you buy the woman that has everything she wants? So not sure what I'm gonna do just yet. Hopefully I'll figure it out. Life is good. Just need to put a little more volume in. I've played a total of 7 tourneys this year. LOL. I haven't even hit the cash tables that hard. Partly because of time constraints. Mostly because I just haven't felt the fire to grind. Some of it is mental. I have seen so many long shot draws get there against me it just makes me wanna scream and quit playing. But then I get paid off with the mortal nuts and life is good again. So just have to get the urge to play.

I've been reviewing my tourney win and have found some spots to work on. So next post will probably be about that. Good luck at the tables.

No comments: